MAKES 6 SERVINGS
- 1 pound asparagus (thickness irrelevant)
- 1-2 tablespoons refined coconut oil
- ½ cup large white onion, finely chopped
- 1 leek, chopped (do not use green leafy portion)
- ¼ cup celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Real Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut off asparagus tips and reserve. Discard tough ends. Chop remaining stems.
- In medium soup pot heat refined coconut oil. Sauté onions, Leeks, celery, and asparagus stems over medium heat until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add flour and stir until well blended. Stir well while cooking, about 1 minute more.
- Transfer vegetables and flour mixture to a blender. Add about 1 cup of vegetable broth (enough to help mixture blend easily). Blend well and transfer back to pot.
- Add remaining vegetable stock to pot gradually, stirring out any lumps. Bring soup mixture to a boil then reduce heat And simmer until the soup is smooth and thickened, about 30-40 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Add soy creamer if desired. Add salt and pepper as desired For tasted.
- Add asparagus tips to soup and simmer 5-10 minutes.
- Add tarragon for flavor.
- Serve warm.
Nutrition Per Serving
80 Calories, 3g Protein, 10g Carbohydrates, 4g Fat, 1g Saturated Fat, 0mg Cholesterol, 520mg Sodium, 2g Fiber