MAKES 2 SERVINGS
- Egg Beaters (equivalent of 4 eggs) or egg whites
- 2 teaspoons ghee or refined coconut oil
- 1 cup mixed vegetables, chopped (Any)
- 3 Avocado slices
- ¼ cup salsa (preferably fresh)
- 2 Ezekiel sprouted grain tortillas or gluten free tortillas
- Melt ghee or oil in skillet over medium heat. Add vegetables and sauté until slightly tender, about 2-3 minutes. Do not overcook. Vegetables are more nutritious and flavorful when they are not cooked through. If using spinach, do not add until the very last minute.
- Add Egg Beaters, egg whites, or other egg substitute. If using tofu, crumble with your hands and add to the pan for about 3 minutes. Stir until cooked through. Egg product should be firm, not runny. Remove from heat.
- If preferred, the two tortillas may be warmed.
- Divide egg mixture evenly between the two tortillas. Place mixture I the center of the tortillas. Use salt and pepper as desired.
- Add sliced avocado to each tortilla.
- Add salsa if desired.
- Fold bottom of tortilla up ¼ length of the tortilla, this keeps the eggs from falling out the bottom). Fold one side over and roll.
Nutrition Per Serving
171 Calories, 9g Protein, 21g Carbohydrates, 7g Fat, 2g Saturated Fat, 0mg Cholesterol, 359mg Sodium, 5g Fiber