MAKES 4-6 SERVINGS
- 1 cup quinoa or brown rice cooked according to directions
- 1 tablespoon refined coconut oil for mixing
- 1 tablespoon refined coconut oil sautéing, or 2-3 tablespoons vegetable broth
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon real salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro or handful spinach (depending on desired flavor)
- 1 tablespoon Bragg Liquid Aminos
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 2 cups soaked, cooked beans of your choice
- Veganaise, as desired
- 4-6 Ezekiel sprouted grain hamburger buns
- Sliced vegetable toppings, as desired
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Sunflower Seeds
- First prepare the quinoa or brown rice according to directions on package. This will take 30-40 minutes.
- In a medium skillet, heat oil or vegetable broth over medium heat. Sauté onions and carrots for 3 minutes. Add garlic and sauté one additional minute.
- Add salt, rosemary, thyme, and spinach or cilantro. Cook no longer than 1 minute.
- Blend oats in food processor until coarse and powdery, transfer to a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Put vegetables, beans, quinoa or rice in the food processor. Pulse lightly until mixture is coarse and holds together, but is not mushy. Add mixture to oats and blend well by hand.
- Form mixture into patties and set on a cooking board. You should be able to get 4-6 patties out of the mixture.
- Cook over medium heat, reduce heat until burgers have a slightly crisp crust.
- Spread veganaise on buns, place burger on the bun and top with fresh vegetables, avocado, sprouts and sunflower seeds.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: 1 Burger
405 Calories, 62g Carbohydrates, 5g Saturated Fats, 237mg Sodium, 17g Protein, 13g Fat, 0mg Cholesterol, 14g Fiber