BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP
MAKES 6 SERVINGS
- 2 tablespoons refined coconut oil or vegetable broth
- 2/3 cup carrot, diced
- ½ cup celery, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon of ginger, grated
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- ½ cup soy creamer
- Real Salt and white pepper to taste
- Heat oil or vegetable broth in a large soup pot over medium high heat. Add carrot, celery, and onion and cook until vegetables begin to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add butternut squash and thyme. Stir.
- Add ginger and stir for about a minute.
- Add broth and bring to a boil. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender or pour soup in batches into a food processor or blender.
- Pour soup back into soup pot that has been rinsed.
- Stir in soy creamer.
- Add salt and white pepper.
- Stir over medium heat until warmed through.
- Ladle into soup tureen and garnish with thyme.
- Serve warm
Nutrition Per Serving
92 Calories, 2g Protein, 23g Carbohydrates, 0g Fat, 0g Saturated, 0mg Cholesterol, 652mg Sodium, 6g Fiber