CHICKEN CHILE LIME WITH VEGGIES
MAKES 4 SERVINGS
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons refined coconut oil or olive oil
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon Real Salt
- Pepper, to taste
- Pinch of cayenne pepper, to taste
- *Optional: 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 cup red, yellow, or green bell pepper (mixed), chunks
- 1 cup sweet red onion, chunks
- 1 cup mushroom caps
- 1 cup zucchini, chunks
- 1 cup yellow squash, chunks
Ingredients for veggie Kabobs:
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together oil, lime juice, and vinegar. Add cilantro, Paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, and jalapeno (if using), salt, and pepper.
- Place chicken breasts between pieces of waxed paper or plastic wrap. Pound lightly with meat mallet until chicken breasts are about ¼ inch thick.
- Whisk marinade again before coating chicken breasts with mixture.
- Place chicken breasts in baking dish and brush remaining marinade over breasts. Cover dish and refrigerate. If possible try to marinate for at least 2 hours so meat will be tender and flavorful. Marinate no less than 1 hour and no longer than 24 hours.
- Heat grill to medium. Cover chicken while grilling.
- Grill chicken for 8-10 minutes, turning once. Check one piece by cutting into the center. Center should not be pink.
Nutrition Per Serving
296 Calories, 19g Protein, 14g Carbohydrates, 19g Fat, 3g Saturated Fat, 44mg Cholesterol, 926mg Sodium, 3g Fiber