CHICKEN LIME WITH VEGGIES
MAKES 4 SERVINGS
- Marinade Variation:
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 teaspoon Real Salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, chopped
- Whisk all ingredients together in a small mixing bowl. This recipe calls for olive oil because coconut oil will get hard in the refrigerator. The other option is to use coconut oil and not marinate the vegetables.
- Put vegetables in the smallest bowl that they will easily fit in.
- Pour marinade over vegetables and toss.
- Cover and refrigerate for minimum of 2 hours, up to 8 hours. Toss veggies at least once during marinating time.
- Remove form refrigerator and thread vegetables onto wooden skewers. Alternate vegetables by color for attractive kabobs.
- Grill over medium heat for 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally. Cook a little less time for crispy veggies (healthier), or until slightly charred for more tender veggies.
- Serve chicken and veggie kabobs together.
Nutrition Per Serving, Chicken Only
154 Calories, 16g Protein, 2g Carbohydrates, 9g Fat, 1g Saturated Fat, 44mg Cholesterol, 366mg Sodium, 0g Fiber
Nutrition Per Serving, Veggies Only
41 Calories, 2g Protein, 9g Carbohydrates, 0g Fat, 0g Saturated Fat, 0mg Cholesterol, 7mg Sodium, 2g Fiber