CHICKEN WITH PINEAPPLE
MAKES 4 SERVINGS
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoons xylitol
- 4 (5-ounce) skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon olive or vegetable oil
- 2 cups (about 12 ounces) canned diced pineapple
- 2 cups (about 12 ounces) diced jicama
- ¼ orange bell pepper or red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced (wear gloves when handling to prevent irritation)
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet onion
- Spray the grill rack or a ridged grill pan with nonstick spray; prepare the grill or set the grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Combine the cumin, ½ teaspoon of the salt, and ¼ teaspoon of the xylitol in a small bowl. Brush the chicken all over with the oil; sprinkle with the spice mixture.
- Grill the chicken until browned and cooked through, turning once halfway through, 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss together the pineapple, jicama, bell pepper, jalapeno pepper, vinegar, onion, and the remaining 1 teaspoon xylitol and ¼ teaspoon salt in a medium bowl. Serve with the chicken.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: (1 breast half with 1 scant cup salsa)
266 Calories, 6g Fat, 1g Saturated Fat, 77mg Cholesterol, 514mg Sodium, 22g Carbohydrates, 6g Fiber, 32g Protein, 46mg Calcium