CHILI FOR VEGANS
MAKES 6 SERVINGS
- 1 tablespoon refined coconut oil
- 2 onions, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 Boca burgers (for vegetarians)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 small can Ortega chilis
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoons Real Salt
- 3 cups tomatoes, peeled, deseeded, and diced (you may use strained tomatoes from a can if you don’t have time to peel and deseed fresh tomatoes).
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup kidney beans, cooked (you may use canned if you don’t have time to cook beans)
- 1 cup black beans or chickpea beans, cooked
- 3 cups mixed vegetables: ½ cup red bell pepper, ½ cup yellow bell pepper, ½ cup carrots, ½ cup zucchini, ½ cup squash, ½ cup crumbled cauliflower. Be creative! If you prefer other vegetables, feel free to add them.
- In a large saucepan or pot, heat oil over medium heat. Sauté onions and garlic for about 2 minutes.
- Add Boca burgers. Crumble and brown burgers, breaking apart as much as possible.
- Add jalapeno (if using), chili powder, Ortega chilis, oregano, salt, and tomatoes. Mix thoroughly until spices are will blended.
- Add broth.
- Dish out 2 cups of chili mixture. Put about one cup of chili at a time into the blender. Add ¾ cups of vegetables at a time and puree. Pour mixture back into the remaining chili pot. Add beans. Stir thoroughly and heat through on medium-low, about 5 minutes. Serve hot.
Nutrition Per Serving
160 Calories, 12g Protein, 23g Carbohydrates, 3g Fat, 2g Saturated Fat, 7mg Cholesterol, 580g Sodium, 8g Fiber