Chocolate Bars with Crunch
This grown-up version of the classic treat tempers its sweetness with real chocolate flavor. The squares are to be served the day they are made.
- 2 tablespoons of earth balance
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 (7-ounce) jar marshmallow cream
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 cups crisped rice cereal
- 1. Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with nonstick spray.
- 2. Melt the earth balance and chocolate in a large saucepan over low heat. Add the marshmallow cream, cocoa, and vanilla; stir until smooth. Remove from heat and add the cereal, stirring until well coated.
- 3. Spread the mixture into the prepared pan. Spray your hands with nonstick spray and press the batter down evenly. Let cool 10 minutes, cut into 24 squares.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: (1 square)
69 Cal, 2g Fat, 1g Sat Fat, 3mg Chol, 77mg Sod, 13g Carb, 1g Fib, 1g Prot, 3mg Calc.