CORN ON THE COB WITH ORANGE-BASIL BUTTER
MAKES 4 SERVINGS
- 4 ears fresh corn
- 2 tablespoons softened earth balance
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- ½ teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon xylitol
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Spray the grill with nonstick spray; prepare the grill for a medium-hot fire. Husk the corn and remove any corn silk. Lightly spray the corn with nonstick spray and grill, turning occasionally, until tender, about 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the earth balance, orange rind, vinegar, xylitol, basil, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Brush the grilled corn with the orange-basil butter and serve immediately.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: (1 ear)
111 Calories, 4g Fat, 1g Saturated Fat, 0mg Cholesterol, 373mg Sodium, 20g Carbohydrates, 2g Fiber, 3g Protein, 6mg Calcium