CORNISH HENS WITH APRICOT SAUCE
MAKES 8 SERVINGS
- 1 cup low sugar orange juice
- ½ cup + 4 tablespoons coffee liqueur
- ½ cup apricot preserves
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 (1 ½ -pound) Cornish hens, quartered
- Preheat the oven to 450. Combine the orange juice, liqueur, and preserves in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook, stirring, until the preserves melt, 1-2 minutes. Reduce the heat and simmer until syrupy, about 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the vinegar and mustard. Transfer ¼ cup of the sauce to a small bowl.
- Gently lift the skin from the meat on each hen; brush 1 tablespoon of the sauce from the bowl under the skin of each. Place the hens in a single layer in a roasting pan. Roast until cooked through, about 25 minutes.
- Just before serving, bring the sauce back to a boil. Place 2 pieces of hen on each of 8 plates; spoon the sauce over each.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: (½ Cornish hen with about 2 tablespoons sauce)
300 Calories, 5g Fat, 1g Saturated Fat, 103mg Cholesterol, 279mg Sodium, 30g Carbohydrates, 0g Fiber, 2g Protein, 34mg Calcium