CRAB CAKE SANDWICHES CAJAN STYLE
MAKES 2 SERVINGS
- 1 cup (8 ounces) cooked fresh or frozen crabmeat
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 6 tablespoons cracker meal
- 2 tablespoons safflower mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon Cajun seasoning blend
- 2 (1-ounce) hard rolls
- Lettuce leaves (optional)
- 1 tablespoon tartar sauce
- Combine the crab meat, onion, celery, 4 tablespoons of the cracker meal, the mayonnaise, and Cajun seasoning in a medium bowl; shape the mixture into 2 small patties.
- Place the remaining 2 tablespoons cracker meal onto a plate; add the crab patties, turning to coat evenly.
- Spray a nonstick skillet with nonstick spray; place over medium heat. Add the crab patties, cook, turning once, until brown on both sides.
- Split the rolls and layer each with the lettuce leaves (if using) and a crab cake; top with the tartar sauce and remaining roll halves.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: (l sandwich)
360 Calories, 10g Fat, 2g Saturated Fat, 117mg Cholesterol, 653mg Sodium, 39g Carbohydrates, 2g Fiber, 28g Protein, 178mg Calcium