CUCUMBER EDAMAME SALAD
MAKES 4 SERVINGS
- 4 small Persian cucumbers or 1 large cucumber, cut into thin slices
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup edamame (soybeans)
- 2 teaspoons tahini
- 1 garlic clove or shallot, quartered
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar (with no sugar added)
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce, or 2 teaspoons Bragg liquid aminos
- 3 teaspoons fresh ginger root, diced or grated
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- For dressing: In a blender, put tahini, garlic (or shallot), vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, salt, and pepper. Blend briefly.
- While blender is running, add oil in a slow stream. Set dressing aside.
- In a salad bowl, toss together cucumbers, red pepper, tomatoes, edamame, and carrot.
- Either dish salad mix onto each salad or toss dressing into the entire salad before dishing.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving.
Nutrition Per Serving
172 Calories, 14g Carbohydrates, 1g Saturated Fat, 595mg Sodium, 4g Protein, 11g Fat, 0mg Cholesterol, 3g Fiber