FISH/POACHED TILAPIA IN SAFFRON SAUCE
MAKES 4 SERVINGS
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or 3-4 tablespoons vegetable broth, for sautéing
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 ¾ cups vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 teaspoon saffron
- 2-inch sliced orange peel, or large piece orange zest
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 ½ cup organic tomatoes, stewed or diced
- ½ cup fennel
- 1 leek (white only), sliced
- ½ cup okra, sliced
- Real Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 tilapia fillets
- 4 lemon wedges
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add tomato paste and sauté for one minute. Deglaze skillet with 1 cup vegetable broth.
- Add tarragon, saffron, orange zest, and bay leaf. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove bay lead and orange zest. Add tomato and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil.
- Add leek, fennel, and okra. Simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Season fish with salt and pepper. Add fish to sauce and gently poach for 3-4 minutes each side.
- Serve immediately in shallow dishes. Garnish each dish with one lemon wedge.
Nutrition Per Serving
195 Calories, 23g Protein, 18g Carbohydrates, 5g Fat, 4g Saturated Fat, 55mg Cholesterol, 914mg Sodium, 4g Fiber