MAKES 2 SERVINGS
- Egg Beaters or egg whites (equivalent of 4 eggs).
- *Vegetarian options: use firm tofu (equivalent of 4 eggs) or about 8 ounces of tofu.
- 2 teaspoons ghee or coconut oil
- ½ cup asparagus tips
- ¼ cup red onion, finely chopped
- 3 handfuls spinach leaves
- 1 vine-ripened tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoon fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk Egg Beaters or egg whites in a bowl and set aside.
- In a small nonstick pan, heat 1 teaspoon ghee or oil over medium heat. Sauté onions and asparagus for about 2 minutes, until softened. Add garlic and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Remove onion, asparagus, and garlic from pan. Place on dish and set aside.
- Add 1 teaspoon ghee or oil to pan. Pour egg mixture into pan. As egg mixture begins to set, add onion, asparagus and garlic mixture to eggs, but do not scramble. Allow mixture to set in nice round shape.
- Add rosemary, thyme, basil spinach, salt, and pepper.
- Place frittata on plates and top with tomato slices.
Nutrition Per Serving
133 Calories, 12g Carbohydrates, 2g Saturated Fats, 258mg Sodium, 15g Protein, 4g Fat, 0mg Cholesterol, 2g Fiber