MAKES 4 SERVINGS
- 3 cups shredded Kale or Swiss Chard
- ½ cup shredded green cabbage
- ½ cup purple cabbage
- *Optional: Use 1 cup prepackaged coleslaw mix instead of cabbage.
- ¼ cup shredded carrot
- ½ cup chopped raw cashews
- ½ cup Veganaise
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, finely chopped ( or ½ teaspoon dried)
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme ( or ½ teaspoon dried)
- 1/3 teaspoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon Real Salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup raw sunflower seeds
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- Combine kale, cabbage, carrot and nuts.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine Veganaise, vinegar, xylitol (if desired), and spices. Whisk until mixture is blended well.
- Toss with salad mix.
- Allow salad to refrigerate for 30 minutes prior to serving if possible so flavors can “marry”. This salad tastes better the following day, after the flavors develop and the kale has a chance to absorb the dressing.
- Top with sunflower seeds and dried cranberries.
Nutrition Per Serving
201 Calories, 14g Carbohydrates, 2g Saturated Fat, 187mg Sodium, 0mg Cholesterol, 3g Protein, 14g Fat, 3g Fiber