LAMB CHOPS WITH TOMATO-MINT CHUTNEY
MAKES 4 SERVINGS
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 small plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 4 (5-ounce) loin lamb chops, trimmed of all visible fat
- For the chutney, heat a nonstick skillet. Swirl in the oil, then add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes, bell pepper, a pinch of salt, and ¼ teaspoon of the pepper. Cook, stirring, until the bell pepper is crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Remove form heat.
- Transfer the vegetable mixture to a small bowl. Add the mint, lime juice, and crushed red pepper (if using); stir, and set aside.
- Spray the grill rack with nonstick spray; prepare the grill for medium-hot fire. Season the lamb with the remaining salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Grill the lamb 5 inches from heat, turning once, 4-5minutes (rare), 6-7mintues (medium, 8-9minutes (well done).
- Spoon ½ cup of chutney over each chop and serve.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: (1 chop with ½ cup chutney)
250Calories, 26g Protein, 5g Carbohydrates, 13gFat, 4g Saturated Fat, 81mg Cholesterol, 211mg Sodium, 1g Fiber, 29mg Calcium