PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS/ MADEIRA FLAVOR
MAKES 4 SERVINGS
- ¼ CUP Madeira wine
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon light tamari or reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 4 Portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- Combine the wine, vinegar, oil, tamari or soy sauce, garlic, oregano, basil, and parsley in a zip-close plastic bag; add the mushrooms. Squeeze out the air and seal the bag; turn to coat the mushrooms. Refrigerate, turning the bag occasionally, at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Spray the grill rack with nonstick spray; prepare the grill for medium-hot fire.
- Pour the marinade into a small saucepan and boil, stirring constantly, 3 minutes.
- Grill the mushrooms, stem-side down, 5 inches from heat, turning occasionally, until golden brown on both sides, about 7 minutes. Pour the cooked marinade over the grilled mushrooms and serve.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: (1 mushroom)
69Calories, 2g Protein, 5g Carbohydrates, 4g Fat, 1g Saturated Fat, 0mg Cholesterol, 154mg Sodium, 1g Fiber, 11mg Calcium