MAKES 10 SERVINGS
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon refined coconut oil
- 1½ – 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 cups water
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 bunch scallion finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons flax seed oil or extra
- virgin olive oil
- Sea salt to taste
- Bring the quinoa and water to boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook until the water is absorbed, approximately 10 minutes. When quinoa is finished strain and rinse well under cold water.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet heat coconut oil over medium heat and sauté red onions until transparent.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix all ingredients together. Toss well.
Nutrition Per Serving
188 Calories, 25g Carbohydrates, 1g Saturated Fat, 90mg Sodium, 6g Protein, 7g Fat, 0mg Cholesterol, 7g Fiber