QUINOA WITH BERRIES
MAKES 4 SERVINGS
- 1 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup rinsed quinoa
- 1 tablespoon Earth Balance
- 4 drops vanilla-flavored stevia
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup raw walnuts, chopped
- In a medium saucepan over high heat, combine almond milk, water, and quinoa. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low. Cover and simmer until most of the liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Add Earth Balance and stevia (if desired) and stir well.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Stir in blueberries, strawberries and cinnamon.
- Top with walnuts and serve warm.
Nutrition Per Serving
252 Calories, 7g Protein, 32g Carbohydrates, 11g Fat, 1g Saturated Fat, 0mg Cholesterol, 76mg Sodium, 5g Fiber