MAKES 4 SERVINGS
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups almond milk (or rice milk), unsweetened
- 2 tablespoons chunky almond butter
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon maple extract
- 1 banana, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds
- *Optional: ¼ cup raisins
- * Optional: 1/3 teaspoon xylitol
- Add any other fresh fruit topping of your choice.
- In a medium saucepan, over high heat, bring milk, quinoa, almond butter, cinnamon and maple extract to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer until milk is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Turn off heat and add raisins. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add banana and almonds. Add xylitol if desired.
- Serve warm
Nutrition Per Serving
205 Calories, 32g Carbohydrates, 0g Saturated Fats, 99mg Sodium, 7g Protein, 9g Fat, 0mg Cholesterol, 4g Fiber