SALMON CURRY CHOWDER
MAKES 6 SERVINGS
- 1 pound fresh wild salmon *Vegetarian option: Replace salmon with firm tofu
- 2-3 teaspoons refined coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon real salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 4 small new potatoes, diced (organic)
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 8 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1 14-ounce can coconut milk
- 2 cups almond milk, unsweetened
- ½ teaspoon Thai green curry paste
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup fresh peas
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- Sprinkle fish with pepper.
- Heat coconut oil in pan over medium heat and fry fish until cooked through. Do not overcook. Make sure fish remains moist. Cut into bite-size chunks and set aside.
- Heat a small amount of refined coconut oil or vegetable broth in pan over medium heat. Sauté potatoes, onion, celery, and carrots briefly, but do not overcook, about 5 minutes. Add coconut milk, almond milk, green curry paste, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add salmon to base and stir.
- Take 1/3 of entire soup mixture and transfer to blender to puree. Transfer pureed mixture back to soup pot and mix well. You may skip this step to save time or if you prefer a thinner soup base. However, this step makes the soup more like “chowder”.
- Add peas and spinach shortly before serving.
- Serve in soup tureens.
Nutrition Per Serving
403 Calories, 24g Protein, 21g Carbohydrates, 26g Fat, 17g Saturated Fat, 54mg Cholesterol, 576mg Sodium, 5g Fiber