An elegant dessert that is reminiscent of the classic Peach Melba. We use tangy nonfat yogurt cheese instead of ice cream. The addition of rosemary gives it a complex and unexpected flavor that you would expect to find in gourmet ice
- 6 medium peaches, halved
- 1½ cups fresh raspberries
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1½ teaspoons xylitol
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1½ tablespoons orange liqueur
- 2 teaspoons raspberry- or rosemary- flavored vinegar
- 1½ cups nonfat yogurt cheese
- Fresh rosemary sprigs (optional)
- Combine the peaches, raspberries, orange juice, ½ teaspoon of the xylitol, and 1 tablespoon of the rosemary, the liqueur, and vinegar in a bowl; toss gently. Cover and set aside.
- Combine the yogurt cheese with the remaining 1 teaspoon xylitol and the 1 tablespoon rosemary in another bowl. Divide the mixture evenly into 4 stemmed glasses or dessert cups; divide the fruit mixture evenly over the cheese. Garnish with fresh rosemary sprigs (if using). Serve chilled or at room temperature.
- * To prepare yogurt cheese, spoon 3 cups plain nonfat yogurt into a coffee filter or cheesecloth-lined strainer; place over a bowl. Refrigerate, covered at least 5 hours or overnight. Discard the liquid in the bowl. Makes 1 ½ cups yogurt cheese.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: (1 sundae)
223 Cal, 1g Fat, 0g Sat Fat, 3mg Chol, 141mg Sod, 42g Carb, 6g Fib, 12g Prot, 388mg Calc.