MAKES 4 SERVINGS
- 1 head romaine lettuce, leaves whole
- 2 teaspoons refined coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Boca burgers (or other vegetarian-style burger patties)
- ½ cup roasted or raw red bell pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup jicama, diced
- ½ cup tomatillo, diced
- ½ cup diced vine-ripened tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado peeled and diced
- ¼ teaspoon Real Salt
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup fresh salsa (fresh salsa can be made or bought fresh at your local health food store)
- In advance, use whole, large romaine leaves to line a large platter. Set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, shallots, and jalapeno if desired. Sauté for about 1 minute.
- Add Boca burgers and break apart into crumbles with spatula or spoon. Stir and sauté until burgers are lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle mixture with taco seasoning, if desired, and add a tablespoon or two of water if necessary, but not too much water. You may not need the taco seasoning depending on the flavor of the Boca burger you choose.
- Add red bell peppers, jicama, tomatillo, and tomatoes. Stir until lightly warm.
- Take off heat, stir in cilantro and salt.
- Dish salad mix into the lettuce shells. Top with avocado and sprinkle with sunflower seeds.
- Use fresh salsa as a dressing.
Nutrition Per Serving
218 Calories, 18g Carbohydrates, 3g Saturated Fat, 573mg Sodium, 11g Protein, 14g Fat, 0mg Cholesterol, 9g Fiber