TOMATOES GRILLED WITH BASIL AND GARLIC
MAKES 4 SERVINGS
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoon shredded fresh basil
- Pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 medium tomatoes or 8 large plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 4 metal skewers (if using plum tomatoes)
- Spray the grill rack with nonstick spray; prepare the grill for medium-hot fire.
- Combine the garlic, basil, salt, and oil in a small bowl.
- Spoon the herb mixture onto the cut sides of the tomatoes and let stand at room temperature 1 hour. If using plum tomatoes, thread them on skewers.
- Grill the tomatoes 5 inches from heat, at edge of grill, turning once, until hot, about 10 minutes for medium tomatoes, and 5 minutes for plum tomatoes. Serve the tomatoes hot, or at room temperature.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: (2 medium or 4 plum tomato halves)
57 Calories, 1g Protein, 6g Carbohydrates, 4g Fat, 1g Saturated Fat, 0mg Cholesterol, 43mg Sodium, 1g Fiber, 14mg Calcium