TORTILLA EGG ROLL-UPS
MAKES 4 SERVINGS
- ½ green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 4 egg whites
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 4 (6-inch) fat-free flour tortillas
- ½ cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat. Add the bell pepper and cook until tender-crisp, about 3 minutes. Add the scallions and tomato; sauté until softened, about 1 minute. Transfer the vegetables to a plate.
- Beat the eggs, egg whites, salt and pepper sauce together in a medium bowl. Spray the skillet with more nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat. Add the egg mixture and cook, stirring as needed, until the eggs are scrambled. Remove from heat and gently toss the eggs with the sautéed vegetables.
- Heat the tortillas according to pkg. directions. Fill the tortillas by spooning one-fourth of egg-vegetable mixture along the bottom edge of the tortilla; sprinkle each with cheese and cilantro. Roll up tortillas tightly, cut in half, and then serve.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: (1 roll-up)
201 Cal, 8g Fat, 3g Sat Fat, 222mg Chol, 706mg Sod, 16g Carb, 7g Fib, 17g Prot, 181mg Calc./p>