MAKES 4 SERVINGS
- 1 large can tuna or 12 ounces fresh Ahi, cooked and ground, or finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Veganaise
- 2 large red bell peppers
- 1 cucumber thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- ¼ cup sweet onion, diced
- 1 avocado
- 1/4-1/2 cup sprouts
- Real Salt and pepper
- Put drained tuna into a medium bowl. Add Veganaise and mix well. Add celery, onion, and mustard if desired.
- Cut tops off bell peppers. Carefully slice peppers in half, making sure the peppers have enough room to hold the tuna and vegetables. If the peppers are small, you may have to cut out a smaller section (less than half) and retain the larger piece. The peppers should maintain a “boat” shape. Clean out the seeds and wash the peppers.
- Cut cucumber in half, then standing each half on end, cut into thin slices (like cheese slices). Set aside.
- Slice tomato and set aside.
- Avocado may be sliced or scooped into a bowl and smashed with a fork to make a spread.
- Place a layer of avocado and spread in red bell pepper boats. If using avocado slices, add at the end.
- Spread a layer of tuna over the avocado.
- Add cucumber slices, tomato slices, and sprouts.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Spray with Bragg Liquid Aminos Spray. Serve cold.
Nutrition Per Serving
215 Calories, 14g Carbohydrates, 2g Saturated Fat, 75mg Sodium, 13g Protein, 12g Fat, 13mg Cholesterol, 6g Fiber