TURKEY NO RED MEAT LOAF
MAKES 10 SERVINGS
- 1 ½ pounds lean ground turkey (organic, free range)
- ¾ cup old-fashioned oats, uncooked (do not use instant oats)
- 2 cup onion, chopped
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Real Salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Egg Beaters (equivalent of 2 eggs)
- ½ cup tomato basil pasta sauce
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In large mixing bowl, combine turkey, oats, onion, salt, pepper, basil, oregano, garlic, eggs, and ¾ cup of the pasta sauce. Mix well. If you prefer, you can place onion, basil, oregano, and garlic in food processor to mix.
- Press mixture into a 9×5 inch bread loaf pan.
- Spread remaining pasta sauce over the top. This should be a thin coat to prevent the loaf from drying during baking.
- Bake for approximately 60 minutes or until internal temperature is 160.
Nutrition Per Serving
126 Calories, 18g Protein, 7g Carbohydrates, 3g Fat, 1g Saturated Fat, 51mg Cholesterol, 346mg Sodium, 1g Fiber