MAKES 6 SERVINGS
- ½ cup Egg Beaters
- ½ cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 2/3 cup buckwheat flour, or spelt flour
- One to two teaspoons refined coconut oil
- *This recipe can be made with fresh vegetables or grilled vegetables, if time allows.
Grilled Vegetable Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons refined coconut oil
- 1 yellow squash, sliced lengthwise
- 1 zucchini, sliced lengthwise
- 8 green onions
- ½ eggplant, sliced
- 1 cup hummus
- In a medium mixing bowl, blend Egg Beaters, almond milk, and flour, Mix well.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Pour ¼ of the batter into the skillet. Quickly spread the batter across the skillet by lifting and turning until the batter spreads evenly. When the edges of the crepes begin to brown and lift, carefully turn the crepe. Cook until both sides are lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
- Place each crepe on a plate as they are finished. Add a little more oil as necessary for remaining crepes.
- Spoon hummus into the center of the crepe, tope with grilled, fresh vegetables and fold in half. Place avocado wedges on top if desired.
Preparation for Grilled Vegetables
- Preheat grill to medium-high or oven to 400 degrees F. in a large bowl mix 2 tablespoons refined coconut oil (warmed), 1 teaspoon Real Salt and ½ teaspoon pepper.
- Add vegetables and lightly coat.
- Place vegetables on grill and turn frequently.
- If roasting vegetables in oven, lightly oil a cookie sheet and place vegetables on sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Turn at least once. Check to be sure vegetables do not overcook.
Nutrition Per Serving
206 Calories, 22g Carbohydrates, 0g Saturated Fats, 52mg Sodium, 6g Protein, 12g Fat, 7mg cholesterol, 5g Fiber