MAKES 6 SERVINGS
- 4 small red potatoes, quartered
- 1 tablespoon refined coconut oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 cups organic vegetable broth. Water as needed.
- 1 bunch celery, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- ½ head broccoli, cut into small florets
- ¼ cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 cup fresh green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- ½-inch fresh ginger, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon real salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Cook quartered potatoes in boiling water for about 20 minutes (until tender).
- In separate soup pot, over low heat, sauté onion in coconut oil for about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté for additional 2 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth, celery, cauliflower, broccoli, parsley, carrots, red bell pepper, and green beans. Heat until veggies are warm and slightly tender, but still crisp, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, spinach leaves, ginger, basil, salt, pepper, and cayenne.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes to allow flavors to “marry.”
Nutrition Per Serving
111 Calories, 4g Protein, 19g Carbohydrates, 3g Fat, 2g Saturated Fat, 0mg Cholesterol, 1716mg Sodium, 5g Fiber