MAKES 4 SERVINGS
- 1 ½ cups quartered shiitake or white mushrooms
- 1 cup uncooked quick-cooking brown rice
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ¾ cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Spray the grill rack with nonstick spray; prepare the grill for medium-hot fire.
- Combine the mushrooms, rice, onion, and beans in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Transfer the mixture to a bowl. Add the carrot, mozzarella, Parmesan, egg whites, tomato paste, salt, and pepper; toss to combine. Form the mixture into 4 burgers.
- Grill the burgers 5 inches form heat, turning once, until cooked through, 4-5 minutes on each side.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: (1 burger)
278 Calories, 20g Protein, 34g Carbohydrates, 8g Fat, 4g Saturated Fat, 18mg Cholesterol, 821mg Sodium, 6g Fiber, 405mg Calcium