ZUCCHINI OMELET WITH CROUTONS
MAKES 1 SERVING
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, lightly crushed
- 1 slice reduced-calorie white bread, cubed
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- ½ cup shredded zucchini
- 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
- pinch of salt & pinch of ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons water
- Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Swirl in the oil and then add the garlic. Cook, stirring constantly, until the garlic clove softens. Add the bread cubes to the skillet; cook, stirring constantly, until golden brown. Set aside.
- Combine the egg, zucchini, cheese, salt, pepper, and the water in a small bowl; pour into another nonstick skillet, tilting it to cover the bottom of the pan with the egg mixture.
- Cook over medium heat until the underside of the omelet is set, lifting the edges with a spatula to let the uncooked egg flow underneath, 1 ½ minutes. Turn the omelet over with a spatula; continue to cook until firm, 1 minute.
- Sprinkle with croutons over half of the omelet; then use the spatula to fold the other half over the filling. Cook until the croutons are heated, 30 seconds. Slide the omelet onto a plate.
Nutrition Per Serving
164 Cal, 8g Fat, 2g Sat Fat, 214mg Chol, 333mg Sod, 14g Carb, 2g Fib, 10g Prot, 86mg Calc.